Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Burning Fat: Burn fat even after your workout!

When most people think of losing excess weight they also think of a Cardio workout. Such an aerobics class or video, running/jogging, swimming, etc. These are all excellent ways to burn fat because your heart rate is up and that is essential to burning fat. The downside to Cardio is that once you stop doing it you stop burning fat. This is why a combination of Cardio and Resistance exercise is important.

Resistance exercise or weight lifting is important because it continues to burn fat even when you've stopped lifting the weight. The soreness you feel after a workout is from the muscle fibers that have been torn and are replacing themselves to make the muscle stronger for next time.



I've heard some women say that they are afraid of lifting weights because it will make them look like a man.... That's not happening. Men have more testosterone so there is no way that a woman muscles will look like that naturally. So in combination with you cardio (to get your heart rate up and make your heart strong) I hope you are lifting weights as well.

Remember, the muscles continue to burn fat even after you stop.. Happy workouts!!

2 comments:

  1. As I read this...I can feel the soreness in my abs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have large breasts and always joked around about having a breast reduction. However, when my boyfriend and I started hitting the gym, he asked me if I wanted to try bench pressing. I looked at him like he was craZy. UHHH, there was no way I was getting on that "Man Bench" to make my large chest bigger than what they already were...But, I must say, that was not the case. When I got on the bench, I was ADDICTED!!!! My chest started toning up; and not just my breast, but my whole upper body. We did bench presses (works the whole chest), military presses (focuses on only the upper chest) and the upside down one..lol (which works the bottom part of the chest)...Love it.

    ReplyDelete