Monday, August 22, 2011

FIT Person Award for August

Its been a while since I have highlighted a FIT Person of the Month. Sorry for the delay but wait no longer..

Natasha Charles is our FIT Person for August! She is being highlighted because I believe she is someone that many women can relate to. She has gone from being active, to having a baby and dealing with post baby weight, to running in local races! Here is her story in her own words.

In short, my journey has gone from one of maintaining fitness pre baby to one of weight loss post baby (2 years on!) I never thought it would have been difficult to 'snap back' and in a sense this journey has had its challenges. I have gone from 3 hrs, five days a week in the gym to a minimum of one hour with a toddler in tow or demanding attention or trying to sit on my back while I do pushups or rolling on her soccer ball trying to mimic the abdominal exercise she would see me do on the stability ball. All funny when you think about it really....

I have found running to be my best friend and the city of Chicago with its scenic lakefront and varying running paths provides ample opportunity for this. I have opted to participate in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon because it is an event I have always said I'd do one day (October 9th) as well as to continue on the journey mentioned above.

In the last year I have finished several 5k's, 10k's and a 10 miler . I am still getting the hang of a 'runner's diet' and the concept of a proper running form ( which becomes increasingly important the more mileage you rack up) My 1st half marathon was on Aug. 15 th. Until then, I'm gonna keep on running. :)

Please feel free to send me your fitness story!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Congrats Natasha. One day I will be worthy of this award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dangerous to use. Strained or torn abdominal muscles are incredibly painful, and can put you on the shelf for a long time. Buying poorly designed abdominal exercise equipment is a risk you don’t have to take.

    ReplyDelete