Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I heart Spin!

Last night I went to a spin class taught by my favorite spin instructor ever! Keith Thompson KTXFitness. He always has the hottest music that keeps you pumped and motivated to keep going. Adding to the music is his energy! I swear he has energy for days. In particular last night he let another class member take over for the second half of the class and this other guy played reggae and soca. I love reggae and soca so of course I was trying to dance and ride the bike at the same time, LOL. After I got over my initial excitement I calmed down and used that dancing energy to push myself to give it my all.

Here is a taste of what we do in class. Unfortuately I wasn't able to be there for the taping.


What I love most about that class, other than the music, is that variation from dips, push ups and sprinting. In the end I end up with a full body workout instead of only working out my legs. Today I feel it all over and I'm so glad that I went! If you've never tried spin I would suggest trying it.. But to really give it a chance, so that you can see some results, go at least 3 times. After that if you still don't like it then... I don't know what to tell you. I will admit it takes time to get used to and the instructor makes all the difference. Check out Keith's website posted above if you want to try out his class one day. Maybe next time I'll calm down enough to get a live video for you!

A few of my personal spin tips:
  1. Stay hydrated. Water is a must have.
  2. Make sure your instructor or someone knowledgeable in the class adjusts the bike to fit you.
  3. If you ever feel like something is wrong with the bike, STOP! Sometimes you can feel it instead of seeing it.
  4. Bring a towel, you will sweat.
  5. Get a bike seat pad ($5 at Walmart). Your bottom will be sore the first few times.
  6. Take your time, but definitely give it your all.
  7. Most of all have fun! Enjoy the burn and think about the results!

I hope you're putting away the excuses and working out..Summer is closer than you think ;)
Krystle

1 comment:

  1. Did I miss this post? I wish we had one of these classes at our gym...i got crunk just watching!

    ReplyDelete