Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Favorite Fitness Things

I am going to share with you a list of my Favorite Fitness Things so that you can put excuses to rest and go for it.


Number 1 for me is a new dvd by Jillian Michaels 6 week six-pack! I can't wait to get this because am all about abs. I feel like you're never really at your highest potential until I can see some ab action.

Number 2 is an ipod touch! Its definitely time for an upgrade for me. I still have... um I'm embarrassed to share. Either way I'm upgrading soon. Good music is a must have to keep a workout interesting.

Number 3 is a good pair of sneakers. My favorites are New Balances. For me they are perfect for running and pretty much all exercise. Kinda frustrating that as an athlete these need to be replaced every 3 to 6 months or else they can end up damaging your feet. So at times they can end up costly.

Number 4 is Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shread dvd. I've already got it and I love it. Perfect for those getting back into exercise again or for someone just looking to shake up their routine. I immediately felt results and it truly is no joke. There are 3 levels with each lasting about 20 minutes each (no breaks). So this is perfect if you feel like you don't have any time. You have 20 minutes.

Number 5 is Spin Class. If you have never tried one you should. Its an intense experience that you will never forget. At least finish one class compltely you will be very proud of yourself. I suggest finding the class that is the hardest to get into or the ones with the longest lines. That speaks volumes for the instructor.

Number 6 is Making the Cut a book by Jillian Michaels. As you can see I admire her very much. This book is for those who have been working out for some time and feel like they have plateaued and are within 20 lbs or less of their goal.  Not for beginners!! This is also perfect for those who just want some more definition, like fine tuning of the body. Make no mistake she is intense in her books as well. Men and women can benifit from her techniques.

Number 7 is an exercise ball. I love this thing! Its great for low impact ab work and a bundle of other exercises. Everyone can use is men, women (even pregnant women) and children. If you have back or balance issues this is for you. Each come with a pump to inflate it and a list of exercises to get you started.

Number 8 is the medicine ball. I personally don't own one but I wish I did. I use it whenever I'm in the gym and it is a staple item for my ab workouts. If you already attend a gym ask a trainer there to show you how to properly use it because if used improperly it can cause injury especially depending on what weight you use.

Number 9 is a gym bag which is a must have if you're attending a gym. Everything you need from towels, water, a change of clothes and tolietries can be stored in there. A gym bag is essential if you are going to the gym before or after work.


With the exception of the medicine ball and spin class. Everything on the list can be found for between $10 and $15. Check your local Walmart, Target, JillianMichaels.com, or Amazon.com.

I hope you have enjoyed the list and plan to try out something on the list. Let me know what your favorite fitness things are, I can't wait to hear about them.


Now if these excuses still come up remind yourself that exercising consistently will give you more energy consistently and if you can make time to eat, sleep and watch tv then they can make time to exercise. Until next time... Feel free to let me know what your FFT are.

No comments:

Post a Comment